Turn your Valentine’s Day dinner into a gastronomical Swiss experience as you cozy up on the chilly winter night with a pot of simmering fondue with your partner.
Gruyere Cheese – 600 gms
Dry white wine – 300 ml
Garlic – 3-4 cloves
Kirsch – 1 small Glass
Cornstarch – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1 pinch
Nutmeg – 1 pinch, grated
Pepper or paprika
1. Chop the cheese into 1 inch cubes.
2. Pour the wine into a ceramic fondue pot. Add cheese and garlic and mix well.
3. Heat over a medium flame, stirring constantly until the mixture melts and mixes.
4. Mix the cornstarch and the grated nutmeg to the kirsch and add to the wine and cheese mixture.
5. Let cook 2 or 3 more minutes and then add the baking soda.
6. Carry the pot to the table where you plan to serve your fondue and then complete the seasoning with pepper or paprika.