Turn your Valentine’s Day dinner into a guilt-free, fuss-free affair by substituting regular pasta with fibre rich whole grain pasta and tossing it with a nutrient-rich tomato-basil sauce.
2 cups whole grain sedani regati pasta
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
115 grams mozzarella cheese, diced (optional, but recommended)
4 leaves fresh basil
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, pressed
Salt (to taste)
Black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
1. Cook pasta al dente according to directions on package.
2. While the pasta cooks, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until slightly yellow.
3. Remove garlic and add tomatoes to the skillet. Sear until slightly blistered for about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Remove skillet from heat and mix well to coat pasta with the now flavored oil.
5. Add cheese, basil and remaining olive oil to the pasta. Toss to combine.